Universal Objects Inc. was established in early 2001 to develop and market a unique set of information management tools for the software development industry and for large corporate and government IT operations.
Our core product, Universal Forms and Reports (UForms), was born out of the need expressed by programmers for a superior form and report generator that is Unicode compliant.
The requirements to be met were:
- Reports must be independent of the program yet able to be easily integrated into any application.
- The report engine must have the capability providing dynamic PDF reports over the internet.
- The report engine must support all relevant OS environments (Windows, Linux, Unix, Solaris, AIX, etc.).
- Report parameters must be able to be provided programmatically as well as manually entered.
- A visual development interface or designer must accompany the report system.
- Report must be able to link with multiple database types on multiple operating systems to consolidate information.
- A report file must be able to function without being recompiled after modifications are made to a database structure or index.
- Reports layout scripts must be able to contain native SQL code as well as make calls to a stored procedure or exchange information via XML.
- The Internet report server must be able to dynamically adjust the aspect ratio of information presented to accommodate the varying sizes of Internet-enabled wireless devices.
After having developed and tested the engine in over 2000 business operations for 6 years it was felt that the benefit UForms would deliver
to programmers worldwide was undeniable. However, this development took place well ahead of the cell phone / wireless device boom.
One of the peripheral functions that UForms performs very well is image manipulation and delivery.
So the benefit provided is a spin-off much the same as Teflon is a spin-off of the Space Program. As wireless technology evolved, a new use
for UForms was identified. This spin-off will likely become more important than the original vision of UForms’ reporting capabilities when
it was developed.
Universal Objects Inc. is a satellite company of the Digital Rez International Group of companies Digital Rez International
All rights reserved. © 1998 - 2006 - Universal Objects Inc.
Please direct any comments or concerns regarding this site to firstname.lastname@example.org